Friday, March 20, 2009

What I Learned in Hymnology

WHAT’ER MY GOD ORDAINS IS RIGHT
Whater my God ordains is right - His will is ever just.
How’er He orders now my cause I will be still and trust.
He is my God
Though dark my road
He holds me that I shall not tall, Wherefore to Him I leave it all.
What’er my God ordains is right
He never will deceive;
He leads me by the proper path, and so to Him I cleave,
And take content, what He hath sent,
His hand can turn my griefs away, and patiently I wait His day.
Whater my God ordains is right, Though I the cup must drink.
That bitter seems to my taint heart, I will not fear or shrink;
Tears pass away, With dawn of day,
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart, And pain and sorrow all depart.
Whater my God ordains is right; My light, my life is He.
Who cannot will me aught but good, I trust Him utterly.
For well I know In joy or woe, We soon shall see, as sunlight clear.
How faithful was our Guardian here.
Whater my God ordains is right; Here will I take my stand.
Though sorrow, needs, or death make earth for me a desert land;
My Father’s care is round me there.
He holds me that I shall not fall; And so to Him I leave it all.
Samuel Rodigast

No comments: